Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Final Post...For Now

1. What seminar readings, exercises, or assignments were most challenging, interesting, or rewarding for you? Why?

I really enjoyed working on three projects in particular: the Wikipedia Article, the group presentation, and the final argumentative essay paper. These projects were the most challenging that our class had this term, and I felt that they, more than anything, allowed me to develop and utilize college-level skills. The group presentation was fun because of the variety of opinions and experiences that our group brought together. It was challenging, but our ideas melded well in the end for a fairly polished final product. The Wikipedia article, like Dave said, forced us to implement a different writing style than is standard for most papers. The argumentative essay was an interesting project as well because of the opportunity to express strong opinion.

2. What are the most important things you learned in this seminar?

I learned a good deal about my own writing and design process. I think I've learned how I should go about improving the mechanical aspects of my writing and presentations. For instance, my best work comes when I do it a week or so in advance with lots of quiet time to reflect on it.

3. How might you use this learning in the future?

I am going to apply the skills I've learned in this seminar to how I study and write in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment